What an exciting day at the Murphy house was August 25, 2010. First day of school for Max and Bella at Arrowhead as First Graders, and first day of school for Brighton in the Bees classroom at Center for Generations - as an official preschooler. They were all excited and looking forward to a great year!
Max's first grade teacher is Mrs. Wilson. He really likes her so far.
Max and Bella outside of Arrowhead, lining up with their new classes.
And Miss Bella with her new teacher, Mrs. Pinter. I cannot believe my babes are already in First Grade. How time flies. It's moments like these that make me sit back and think about how lucky we are to have healthy, happy children, and how very much we need to treasure every minute we have while they are still young. I hosted a baby shower for a friend last week, and her mother-in-law gave her a cross-stitch that my mother had hanging in our house as a child. It was so weird, as I hadn't thought of the words stitched on that fabric for years, but when I saw it, I immediately remembered the words from reading them as a young child:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow, as babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and baby's don't keep!"
It choked me up, and reminded me that I better sit down on the floor and play a quick game of Uno with Max, or enthustiastically admire Bella's choice of outfit for the next day, or stop to tickle the dickens out of Brighton, which she loves, now, while they are still young. I just turned around and my twins are SEVEN and in FIRST grade!!!! So, I vow to work less and play more, while my children still want to play with me.
Welcome to the Murphy Family Blog. Gavin, Brooke, Bella, Max and Brighton are happy to have the opportunity to share with our friends and family the more exciting aspects (as well as the day to day) of our busy lives.
The Five Murphys

No comments:
Post a Comment