The Five Murphys

The Five Murphys

December 12, 2008

Chicago!

The wonderful city of Chicago, taken from the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Center.
For the partnership meeting this year, my firm decided to carry on some business from the wonderful city of Chicago. Myself and Gavin joined Carey Matovich and her husband, Bob, and Geoff Keller, and his significant other, Paige, for a long weekend in the Windy City. We had so much fun eating and drinking, shopping and eating and seeing the sights and . . . eating. Wonderful food, great Christmas cheer (the decorations on Michigan Avenue were spectacular), and fabulous company; we truly had an amazing weekend. I just feel so blessed to work (and play) with such terrific people.


The second night were were in Chicago, Geoff and Paige and Gavin and I headed to Kinston Mines for some Chicago Blues. It was AMAZING music, and a casual (but packed) little joint that turns out to be famous for its blues. The singer in the band pictured below is actually up for Blues Singer of the Year. We were fortunate to catch him. Paige and I had an amazing time dancing while Geoff and Gavin watched (and shook their heads).

Below is the crew at 3:00 a.m. (I know, we are party ANIMALS) leaving Kingston Mines. Tired, yes, but only after some good cheer and great blues.

I love the below picture of Gavin and I. We were outside the Chicago Blues Center and it was snowing (obviously). The camera picked up the snow and the activity at this early hour on Saturday morning. The next day we headed out for an authentic Chicago hotdog and fries at Al's Italian Beef. It hit the spot. We also saw Jersey Boys, which was a great production (story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons).
Gavin and I missed the kids, but enjoyed the opportunity to have some adult time and remember how much we enjoy each other's company even without the pitter-patter of little feet. It gave us the chance to remember the little things that drew us to one another before diapers and kids took over our lives. We had an amazing time.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Bergie Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bergie Bunch said...

HELLO! How about the wonderful unveiling of (drum roll) Matovich, Keller and Murphy! We are so proud of you, Brooke. You have worked hard and are so deserving of this recognition.